The Vineyard, Richmond, Surrey TW10 6AL
Queen Elizabeth's Almshouses were founded in 1600 by Sir George Wright on Ferry Hill, Petersham Road. These were the first of The Richmond Charities almshouses. In 1767, William Turner rebuilt the almshouses on land at the top end of his estate in The Vineyard. Funds for the rebuilding were raised by public subscription. The eight almshouses thus erected were damaged during World War II and replaced with four newly built houses in 1955.