How does the Charity appoint a resident?
- Invitations to apply for an almshouse are advertised annually in the Richmond & Twickenham Times and all year round on our website. You can download the
Almshouse Application leaflet - 2016
- Applicants may apply by telephoning the administrative office and discussing their situation with the Administrator. Please do not visit the Charity's offices for an application pack - it is important that you telephone initially for a conversation with the Administrator.
- If you qualify for consideration, the Administrator will send you an application package
- The application form requires details of income and supporting documentation
- A register of almshouse applicants is maintained
- Applicants are interviewed in their homes in due course, firstly by the Director and then by two Trustees
- Applicants are appointed on the basis of need