As the almshouses have been permanently endowed, The Richmond Charities cannot grant tenancies or licences for the occupation of those almshouses. Instead, the Trustees may appoint the resident as a beneficiary of the Charity.
Trustees will not ask residents to leave unless they:
- Have been appointed without having the necessary qualifications or have provided incorrect information on the application form
- No longer have the required qualifications
- Suffer from infirmity that means they are unsuited to remain a resident, i.e. that they can no longer live independently
- Are in persistent arrears with their weekly maintenance contributions
- Disregard the residents regulations or disturb the quiet occupation of others or behave in an aggressive or offensive manner