Visitors to our Website including:
- General visitors to our website
- Visitors to our website who contact The Richmond Charities through our Contact Us Form
Visitors to our website – general visitor
The Richmond Charities website is built with the Joomla CMS. You can see details of their commitment to GDPR here.
Our website also holds SSL Certification, ensuring encryption of personal data.
Google Analytics do this to track interest on specific pages, see how the site is being used and look at how we can make improvements to the site. The information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempts to find out the identities of those visiting The Richmond Charities website.
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site – and the way you use it – better. Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet). They make interacting with a website faster and easier – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields.
Visitors to our Website – Contact us form
Information submitted by our general contact form will be sent to The Richmond Charities Head Office staff by email, who will then respond directly to you. Data sent here only receives basic email protections, and as such you should not submit sensitive personal data through it. Instead outline the general details of your request and a member of staff will respond or direct you to someone who can help.
For many enquiries your data will generally not be stored outside of their email account, unless you have specifically asked to be contacted again in the future over and above being contacted about your enquiry.
To protect your information. Any details you share with us will be used by The Richmond Charities only for our own purposes. We will never give, sell or rent your information to other organisations for their marketing purposes.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. These are:
- the right to be informed. This means that we must tell you how we use your data, and this is the purpose of this privacy notice;
- the right of access. You have the right to access the data that we hold on you and to receive a copy of your data and information about where it was sourced. To do so, you should make a subject access request;
- the right for any inaccuracies to be corrected. If any data that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are able to require us to correct it;
- the right to ask The Richmond Charities for your data to be erased, for example if you believe there is no longer any need for your data to be held for its original purpose, or if you decide to withdraw any consent that you have given for your data to be processed;
- the right to restrict the processing of the data. For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct;
- the right to portability. You may transfer the data that we hold on you to another organisation for your own purposes;
- you may have the right to object to the way we use your data if you do not agree that we are using it for our legitimate interests; and
- the right to regulate any automated decision-making and profiling of personal data. You have a right not to be subject to automated decision making in way that adversely affects your legal rights.
Retention of Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
The Richmond Charities reserves the right to remove or amend this privacy statement from time to time. If we decide to replace or change it, we will update the statement on this page to reflect the changes made and therefore we encourage you to visit this page frequently to stay informed. Your continued use of The Richmond Charities website following the posting of a new statement will indicate your acceptance of the new statement or changes made.
Thank you for your support.